Warmth and Cold

Day two of the journey and the challenges continue.  I realized very quickly this morning that I shouldn't second guess myself or try to create an image for this project based on how I think others will feel about it.

As soon as I read the prompt for today, I knew what I wanted to do.  And then I immediately thought, that's not right.  I should do something else.  But who's to say what's right and wrong in this project but me!  I'm the only one that gets to say what this Journey is to me and what these prompts mean to me.  I edited two photos to post for today's prompt, but I'm only sharing the first one.  The one I took first, and the one that resonated with me more.  Not the one I thought others would like more.




This is what I enjoy photographing.  I find a ridiculous amount of beauty in simple dead or dying plants in nature.  I love that it was still frosty this morning.  I love that it was leaning a bit towards the rising sun whether that's intentional or not.  I feel like there is life left in it!  I don't even know what it is, but I hope this spring it awakens and grows!  I chose it to represent cold, but it represents so much more!

I am also choosing to share another photo today, but not the second photo I mentioned above.  Another one I snapped this morning on this last day of our winter break.  The kids chose to have one final sleepover last night.  One more night to snuggle up together with their giant stuffed animals and giggle under blankets to jokes only they find funny.  They always sleep in just a bit longer on mornings they've had sleepovers.  I don't believe it's because they stayed up any later than usual.  I believe it's because they are just absolutely comfortable and content, warm beside each other!  They get the best sleep this way.  



This just melts my heart so much to see these beautiful messy bed heads facing each other in sleep!  They are growing constantly, both on the inside and outside, but they will always be my babies, and this is exactly how I see them! 


Comments

Popular Posts