To Do? More Like...Ta Da!



I woke up this morning with a plan!  So many things to get done, but most important was to stick to my resolution!  I am making time for me this year.  So I tackled my to-do list head on.  I have de-Christmased (yes I'm making that a word) the house, making dozens of trips up and down the stairs to put away all the boxes and decorations.  Taking the stairs more is part of the weekly challenge in my fitness group this week.  Although my Fitbit doesn't track flights of stairs, I'm pretty sure I've got this one in the bag after today!  I also bundled up and headed outside to clear the sidewalks and some of the drive.  I'm counting all that as today's workout!  More everyday cleaning and upkeep ensued, and then the pièce de résistance, the bubble bath!

I mean it, I am not going more than a week without making the time for one this year!  There is quite possibly nothing better than settling down into slightly too hot water hiding as much skin as possible beneath the bubbles!  With a candle lit in one corner, a glass of water and a good book in the other, I'm quite content to sit there until I shrivel up into a raisin and the water has gone cold.

I've started reading several books recently.  I can keep many going at once.  Physical books I've either purchased or checked out from the library and electronic ones I've borrowed from the library's digital collection on my phone and tablet.  The one I'm most into right now and will likely be the first book I finish this year is called "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" by Neil Gaiman.  I snagged it from the library just after Christmas because I recognized the author as a writer on many of my favorite TV shows.  I also listened to a fantastic audiobook of his last year called Neverwhere because the voice actors included James McAvoy, Natalie Dormer, and Benedict Cumberbatch.  I still want to go back and read the actual book on that one.  I'm so glad I picked this book up.  It's not something I would have normally went for, but I almost can't put it down.

I just got totally sidetracked with what this photo was representing that I almost forgot to mention why I took it.  Today's journey is about showing what success means to you.  How do I define success in my life?  Am I successful?  I thought about these things all day.  When I first read the prompt, my instinct was to photograph an empty laundry basket or fresh from the dryer folded towels.  It is always a success when I can keep up with the laundry.  But if I only measured my success by whether or not the laundry was done, I would not be very successful at all!

I measure my success by whether or not I'm happy or doing something that makes me happy.  Today I was successful.  I successfully checked off my to-do list and took the time I needed for me!  I feel accomplished, refreshed, renewed, and ready to tackle whatever life throws at me today....even a few more loads of laundry!



Comments

Popular Posts