Coming Clean




Yesterday I was so excited to discuss the book I'd just finished that I didn't share my latest photo.  Journey is incredible so far.  I don't think I've ever put so much purpose into taking a photo.  Having a simple prompt may seem like it provides direction, but really it just sparks so many different ideas.  One word can have so many meanings and mean so many different things to different people.  It's really a unique experience to see all these different perspectives.  




When I first see the prompt each day, I have an idea pop in my head for what it means and how I want to represent it in photo.  And then the more I think about, the more that direction changes.  I really have to stop and think, or rather stop thinking about it.  I find myself overthinking it, or over-analyzing why I should do one over another.  Every time I have taken a second or even third image to use instead of what first came to mind, I've got back and used the first idea.  I need to learn to trust my own instincts on this.  I really think that it was this journey is going to be about for me.  I easily trust other people, but often find it hard to trust myself.




Some days I will probably go more into detail on what the prompts actually are, and some days I just want them to speak on their own.  I am learning I don't have to explain everything, even if that is what I meant for this to be in the beginning.  I still want to get thoughts out, but some explanations feel like I'm justifying my images.  I don't need to justify them.  They are me.  Sometimes that's all there is to say.

Comments

Popular Posts